Roman Cahtolic Parish Church
Click image to open!
The Roman-Catholic Parish Church, an imposing structure located on Saint Nicholas hill, Baróti Szabó Dávid street nr. 34-36, is built in ecclesiastic Transylvanian Baroque style. The church, dating from 1787-1793, reveals Classic, Baroque and some romantic elements including three knaves and one 40 meter high steeple.  The parish church is linked to the name Ferenc Török of Kadicsfalva (1731-1804) parish priest and archdeacon of the Udvarhely region and was built on the site of the old, medieval, Saint Nicholas church. The only element of the older building incorporated into the new design is a carved Renaissance doorframe, at the entrance of the sacristy.